Friday, September 30, 2005

Boston Battles Beelzebub

So it begins- the battle of Good verses Evil.

Aside from my diehard alligience to my ever underachieving Cincinnati Reds and my new hometown team the Nationals, there is no team that I root for more than the Sox, who are duking it out for one of the last remaining playoff spots tonight, tomorrow, and Sunday. Every game matters. Should they fail in their quest, the only teams I could really root for are the Indians, since I have rooted for them as an Ohioan, and the Padres, since I saw my first ballgame at age one in that town where I was born. The other teams I hate, starting with the Yankees, then the hated Braves, the hated Cardinals, and the hated Ass-tros. I am indifferent to the Los Angeles Angels of Aneheim, or whatever they are called today.

A baseball fan couldn't wish for a better last weekend than this. Go Sox! Go Tribe! May the baseball gods send the hated Yanks home.

No comments:

Post a Comment