Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Sick

Yeah, it happened to us. Reality hit. Human mortality. Tim Johnson is a young guy. He could have changed the fate of the world, or god or something.

I cried tonight. I didn't cry for Tim Johnson. I don't know Tim Johnson. I know who he is now. I cried because I found it difficult to believe that one man's mortality could change the fate of the world, a man whom the world did not even know. How could one man's health change everything? How could some people on one side of the political spectrum rejoice because of rumors that a guy had a stroke?

This country is sick. If this is what it means to be an American, I want no part of it.

God bless you, Tim Johnson, and I hope the reports of your well-being are accurate. And God bless you, Craig Thomas, R from Wyoming who has leukemia. I would never in an eternity wish you bad health because you have an R after your name. I only wish your party would condemn those who were disgusting enough to rejoice at the news of Johnson's ill health.

No comments:

Post a Comment