Saturday, June 10, 2017

What city is this?

A couple of years ago, I went to Greece.

One day after I had visited the Acropolis and had a wonderful, leisurely lunch, I decided to wander.

And then I walked through some warp zone and found myself in Beirut.















 




I am not kidding. I got confused. This part of Athens looks exactly like neighborhoods in Beirut. I lost any sense of direction and just turned corner after corner, marveling at the striking similarities and wondering if I had somehow fallen asleep and was dreaming or maybe I had died and been sent to Beirut.

Take a look at one of the buildings I lived next to in Beirut:


Here are a few more from Beirut from an old camera:





You can find other Beirut photos here. More from Athens:

 
only the Greek flags distinguish the two cities

No comments:

Post a Comment