Thursday, August 18, 2005

I want a plan

While going over the 2004 Republican and Democratic party platforms for a project my organization is working on, I've made a few observations about the two.

Aside from the fact that the first thing under the title is a bit about Reagan (reminds me of how Muslims write "In the name of God, most gracious and merciful" at the top of their documents) and that the next 38 pages are a lot of "freedom" propaganda, the economic section is a real plan that is much more detailed than the measly four pages that the Dems produced. FOUR pages? It's no wonder why Kerry didn't win. It's almost like the whole platform was an afterthought and nobody put any time into developing the ideas.

Remember the Contract with America? It was a well thought out document and helped the gops take control of Congress, control which they have yet to relinquish. I'm not understanding why it is so difficult for the Dems to produce such a document. Gops are right to criticize us for not having a plan. I'm not even sure what the plan is. The bases are loaded, and we aren't even sending up a batter.

I want the Dems to develop a detailed economic plan. I'm tired of the complaining all of the time about the other side. I want ideas.

On the other hand, the 50 state strategy is a good start for a political strategy. So we have some progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment