Wednesday, March 28, 2007

I can't believe I'm saying this

But I am glad Bush is using only his second veto ever on the troop withdrawal deadline. As much as I want this disaster to be over, there are so many problems with this that if our system of government wasn't driven by campaign funding, this bill would never have had a prayer. They could start by at least giving a decent timeline. Some people who are in Babylon right now have enlightened me to the real problems out there, and I'm still absorbing the situation, mulling over it, trying to figure out how what many said would happen has happened, and wondering what the solution is.

Whether Iraq was a good or horrible idea is a mute issue now. We need to solve the problems that are current. What happened in the past is history. We can clean up the mess, but it has to start with the diplomats, not the military.

I'm not going to write more about this, because 1) I don't know enough about how it really is because I haven't been there and 2) I don't really want to get involved in this issue here, because I just don't know. None of us that has not been there knows. But it is really on my mind. I'm thinking about a lot of stuff related to this these days.
___

No comments:

Post a Comment