Thursday, June 14, 2007

I'm moving to Denmark

Late risers unite in Denmark

If you find it hard to get up in the morning, don't despair - you're not lazy, you're just genetically programmed that way, says the B-Society in Denmark...One strong cup of coffee later and I was on my way to meet Stephen Alstrup who runs his own B-certified company.

By the time he gets to his train station the platform is empty and so are most of the seats on his commuter train.

"I'm useless early in the morning," he says cheerfully. "All I can do is drink coffee, and stare into space."

"People used to get up early because they had to feed the animals. But I haven't got any cows or chickens, so I can sleep late."

And when we get to Stephen's office, that is empty too - apart from one member of staff who has been there most of the night and is just leaving, and the company's only A-person who actually enjoys the early start.

The rest of them arrive when they choose - any time up to 3.30pm or so - each to their own rhythm.

Business benefits

It is a small hi-tech company and Stephen needs brains which are working at full speed.

It used to be called disorganised but not any more.

"Everybody gains," he says, "they're here when they're fully awake, and the business benefits."

No comments:

Post a Comment