Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Week in review

Once upon a time, back when we had one of the worst presidents in the history of the United States of America, I developed this blog. I've tried to jumpstart it a few times since I quit it, but it's never worked out. I'm going to try it again.

I lost the struggle with plastic bags yesterday. I don't know why it has to be a struggle, why cashiers insist on putting things in plastic bags when we are perfectly capable of either carrying the things in our hands or putting the things in bags we already have with us. But it is. Before I even could hand over my lunch money, the woman had put my salad in a bag. I'll give the establishment some credit - they switched from styrofoam to plastic. But they have to work on their plastic bag policy. I get so sick of having to give bags back.

The other bag event was at the grocery on my way home from work. I stopped by to grab some dinner and some beer to enjoy while watching the Reds game. I had a mostly empty backpack on my back, but while I was digging out my bonus card and ID, the guy had already put my stuff in two separate plastic bags.

WHY IS IT SO DIFFICULT TO REFUSE PLASTIC BAGS??? We really need to educate stores on this excessive use of plastic bags.

It's tough trying to live a greener life. I kick myself every time I forget to unplug my phone or camera charger. Usually I remember, but two or three times a month, I leave it. But I got rid of my car, bike or use Metro to work and generally walk the walk. So many talk and are hypocrites in their behavior.

Speaking of hypocrites,

No comments:

Post a Comment