Wednesday, August 27, 2008

From Middle Earth

I've been stuck in Middle America for eight months now, and boy, have I learned a lot about what is wrong with this country. Sometimes I think democracy is the root of all problems. I mean, some people don't have a clue what they're talking about, yet they wave their flags and vote anyway. To say you are not going to vote for a person because of his skin color and not see anything morally wrong with your attitude, for example, well, should you even be allowed to vote?

And with all of the pomp and circumstance of the national conventions, I wonder aloud, who are they kidding? I see the blogs jump all over the DNC as "America's introduction to Barack," yet the people who need to watch the conventions the most - the ignorant - don't bother to watch the conventions. We politicos tend to forget that the average American doesn't care or despises politics.

I'm thinking about going down on Friday to see McCain announce his VP since I'm only 40 minutes away. I wonder if they'll let me in with my Obama button.

No comments:

Post a Comment