Thursday, August 6, 2009

Lebanon through a car window

I think half of my time in Lebanon was spent in a car, whether it was going to and from meetings or traveling to Baalbek, Byblos, Tripoli, or Saida. I thought it'd be interesting to post my photos taken from the car, even those that are blurred, as a sort of representation of my trip. My camera has a 1600 ISO which made some of the shots less blurry, but that doesn't stop the bumps from losing the frame.

What you get in these shots that you don't get in a framed shot is a lot of the day to day stuff you wouldn't photograph, like billboards, road signs, ordinary buildings that wouldn't normally implore you to take their portraits.

It's too bad Lebanon is such a filthy country, because the haze really does ruin the beauty of it. Thank goodness for groups like IndyAct who are fighting for a cleaner Lebanon. They have their work cut out for them.





























No comments:

Post a Comment