Monday, February 1, 2010

Ahh, the life...

I've never even had an office with a window and now I get this view?

So I finally will have regular internet access from now on, at least access that doesn't require effort like getting in an elevator and going downstairs. But oh, is it tough to focus when I can just stare out at the Mediterranean.

I decided I am going to walk to the office every day (unless it's raining, and maybe even then.) It is only a half hour, and I only half to dash across one crazy street if I cut through the government area, which will probably require me getting my bag checked every morning. Fine with me if it means being safe. The guard was really nice about it this morning, even apologized.

(Boy, is this internet connection is sloooooooooooo ooooooooooo oooooooooow. Perhaps I won't post photos here as much as I'd like. Been trying to upload a second photo for ten minutes now.)

Here's a church next to a mosque, a palm tree at AUB, a violation of copyright, and some palm trees on top of a building. I'll post more pics when my patience refills.





1 comment:

  1. Hahaha FB pub! Have you been in yet? Love the palms on top of building and your office window is a dream come true. You'll probably stay longer than 4 months at this rate! Don't work tooooo hard this week!

    ReplyDelete