Wednesday, March 3, 2010

It's not an air freshener, it's an earth killer

Last night I got home at 11:30 only to discover the chemical taste of air freshener had returned to my mouth. In my place, there is a mechanical air freshener that spits out some horrific chemical that I think is supposed to be like a flower. It floats through the air and gets on your tongue and makes you sneeze. I've asked three times now to have it turned off (they have a key to do it), but for some reason, the maid keeps turning it back on.

I can't figure out how anyone could think such a device and such chemicals are a good idea. I mean, even if you don't care about the environment, which is the case of most Lebanese, it doesn't smell good and it's so thick it gets in your mouth! Why on earth would they use these things?

She also keeps the balcony door open, too, which allows the mosquitoes to get in and buzz around my ears all night, keeping me awake. I have a huge mosquito bite on my face. Being winter, the only place there is to bite is my head and hands, and that's where they do.

Yeah, the place smells a little funny because of the old pipes in the bathroom and the kitchen, but it isn't so bad that I must suffer these things for it.

1 comment:

  1. can't you just cover it with a cloth so it only sprays into the fabric and not into the air?

    - sandy

    ReplyDelete