Sunday, September 17, 2006

An autumn thought...

It's the light that gets me - the fading light and the drowning colors. The autumn light lends a crispness to the blue of the sky, but it is a weaker light, old age-like, clinging to the last breaths of life and fighting regret with every desperate leaf hanging from thinning branches. I find the death of summer highly depressing.

Sure, I should be getting excited for autumn's election season, right? But I can't. My disillusionment has shriveled my enthusiasm like the leaves on the trees I'm looking at now. At this point the only reason I want the Democrats to take back Congress is to save the country from the hell the Republicans have thrown it into. No one really stands out among Dems, no one to inspire me or give me back the faith in this country I have lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment