Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Happy Paddy's Day Eve Eve Eve

I guess I've deblogged in the past couple of weeks, haven't I? I've lost interest in the bickering people who leave comments just to be jerks. I could write, actually, I have written about how beautiful the weather was and got some hateful idiocy about global warming. You can't rationalize with these people - their views of the world are confined to that narrow little mindset they have, and they exist only to be rude and mean. I should be excited because campaign season is about to heat up, but I just can't get into it. I'm not looking forward to the right's lies and distortions. I'm not looking foward to swiftboating and mudslinging. I've become so disgusted with politics that I don't really care right now. I'm not excited about any candidates, don't have any interest in joining campaigns, and couldn't care less if the masses rot in their own ignorance. This is a first for me - normally during spring I feel so alive and excited about life, but I've become so jaded with the injustice that is swallowing this globe, people supporting the torture of human beings, war for war's sake, the idiocy of Israel/Palestine, dictatorships, poverty, the horrible storms we've been hit with over the past few years, American Idol, corporate greed, port deals, Halliburton, bigotry, huge disparities in wealth, death, destruction, George W. Bush, Christian(TM) hatred, self-righteousness, the list goes on.

I've been working on a piece about how I don't think there is a clash of civilizations going on but a global clash against the right and the left, but I haven't had much intellectual ambition to finish it. I can't focus at work, never want to even be there, can barely stand the thought of even going. One of my favorite days of the year is Friday and I can't even get excited for that. I'm in a rut, I need a change, something exciting, something that can bring back my natural electric curiosity about the world and the people who are forced to live together on it, but what is it that can do it?

Maybe this whole year is going to be this way, the last year of my twenties, none of my goals accomplished with nine months until the deadline I had set for myself back when I was ambitious and focused and youthfully naive. Why am I writing all of this here for public viewing and subject to hateful comments from the soulless? I don't really know.

No comments:

Post a Comment