Saturday, March 11, 2006

The Son of Man hides his face

Oh, the joy of the first real spring-like day, sixty-five and clear and dry and all around wonderful!

It was a bit of a bizarre day for me, since my organization had a "de-junk" day, a day when we got to throw out all of the crap we had been accumulating for years. Permission to wear jeans was granted, and they fed us pizza, too, even ordering more when we ran out. I'm not a jeans person; I have one pair, but because we could wear them to work, I did.

Who decided that everyone had to wear suits to conduct business? What purpose does it serve? (Those who follow everything without question will no doubt think that my inquiry is some "leftist hate" or some similar nonsense.) It's kind of commie, if you think about it. It's the uniform of the Free-market Party, you know? Conform or else! But then hey, it would be appropriate, for we are pretty much heading toward dictatorship, according to conservative former Justice Sandra Day O'Connor.

I don't know. It just seems like such a waste of life to be told you have to stay inside a stuffy, drab office on a perfect day. But then again, most people waste their lives away, so they don't care.

No comments:

Post a Comment