Sunday, June 26, 2005

No one died when Clinton lied

I have to write again about the Downing Street Memo. I just find it fascinating that there is documented proof of deception, yet many people just don't care. Let me repeat that, just so I can see it again... DOCUMENTED PROOF THAT BUSH & CO LIED TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE about going to WAR and killing our troops. Those same people who are not outraged are the ones who have those damn ribbons on their SUVs and who claim to SUPPORT THE TROOPS!(TM) Obviously, they don't care if the troops are dying for no reason. I sure am glad I don't have their "support."

Speaking of those ribbons, I found this in the blogosphere, although now I can't remember where. What a hoot!

Anyway, when did lying become a "moral value"? I mean, why is there such a big deal with the religious right about the Ten Commandments if they don't live by them? "Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour." Maybe they just don't understand the language here. The eighth commandment forbids misinterpreting the truth in our relations with others. This moral prescription flows from the vocation of the holy people to bear witness to their God who is the truth and wills the truth. Offenses against the truth express a refusal to commit oneself to moral uprightness by word or deed: they are fundamental infidelities to God and, in this sense, they undermine the foundations of the covenant. So, the religious right should be up-in-arms about the lie that justified the war that killed 25,000+ people.

I'm not saying in my title that I don't disapprove of Clinton's lie. I do, however, disapprove of the right's outrage about his lie while they sit silent about Bush's lie that led us to war.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment