Saturday, May 21, 2005

O'Reilly is a terrorist

It's difficult to believe, but there are still people who listen to O'Reilly. Now he wants Michael Kinsley's head cut off by terrorists. (Note to literal language hawks- he actually said, O'REILLY: "They'll never get it until they grab Michael Kinsley out of his little house and they cut his head off." And maybe when the blade sinks in, he'll go, "Perhaps O'Reilly was right.") Hmm... all because Kinsley says that Gitmo prisoners need legal protections. Let me step out of my left shoe for a minute and try to see his side... no, no, no, can't see it. While I'm out of the left shoe, let me suggest a plausible situation to O'Reilly and see what he says. See, if we continue on with this perpetual state of war that O'Reilly, Dimbaugh, and the like advocate, we will continue to capture people and will need a place to put them. O'Reilly says "kill 'em all". Then I tell him that we need them for information that leads to more terrorists. So he agrees, right? And then I say, where do we put them when Gitmo fills up? Wait, let me put the left shoe back on. I'm just trying to understand how in the world anyone could advocate NOT giving legal protection to people. Are they just going to hang out in limbo forever? I mean, the US gov doesn't consider them prisoners of war, and they say that US protection doesn't apply to them, so what DO they expect to do with them? Do righties honestly think that Gitmo is some limitless prison? Putting the human rights question aside, their stance still doesn't make sense.

Didn't O'Reilly once say that the prisoners are living better in Gitmo than they ever did at home? Someone did. Maybe I'm insane for saying this, but I'd take poverty with freedom any day over indefinite imprisonment.

It's time to do something about Gitmo, but I have no answers.

9 comments:

  1. Any links to what O'Reilly o'really said ?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the link is to the video on media matters. you just click the title of the post

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, media matters, here i thought he actually said it. BIG :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. the video is directly from faux news channel

    ReplyDelete
  5. the martster will live blog your post. cue the music boys .......

    well, right off the bat. o'reilly never said that kinsley should have his head cut off. he said the editorial board would not "get it" until al-q cut off kinsley's head.

    have you ever said, "old so and so, they won't get it until it happens to them"? ever said that?

    more to come from the martster. now i know i will have to buckle down, you have 1 strike so far..........

    ReplyDelete
  6. ha ha. I never said O'Reilly said that Kinsley should have his head cut off. I never said O'Reilly said anything. I said he wants him to have his head cut off. I mean, he wants Kinsley to stop advocating legal rights for the POWs in Gitmo, and he says the only way to get to that is for Kinsley to have his head cut off. We all know how much O'Reilly wants to be right:

    O'REILLY: I mean, but this is what they're saying. It is just -- you just sit there, you go, "They'll never get it until they grab Michael Kinsley out of his little house and they cut his head off." And maybe when the blade sinks in, he'll go, "Perhaps O'Reilly was right."

    The point is that O'Reilly is on a rampage about Gitmo prisoners. I guess he wants them to be in limbo forever. I don't think he even understands that there are real people there. He lives in a fantasy world where he is constantly the number one show in the country.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What part of "They'll never get it until ..." do you not understand?

    Will those against environmentalist-whacko types not get it until the air is unbreathable?

    Does that mean I just called for unbreathable air?!?

    CUCK-COO alert!! I don't think this site is in Kansas anymore...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you want me to substitute "They'll never get it until" for "wants"? It won't change my point. My point was not that O'Reilly said anything except that he doesn't think the Gitmos deserve legal protection.

    O'Reilly has to be one of the more annoying people on the planet. He reminds me of Americans who encounter a non-English speaker and think that by raising their voices and talking slowly, the non-English speaker will understand English. All he does is shout and make stupid analogies, and if you beat him, he tells you to shut up.

    Consider the post language changed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. yo-ho-ho

    the mart is back ......... a few PC bugs, one even bit me!!!

    uh-oh, call Newsweek ............ the martster caused a retraction.

    cha-ching, chalk one up for the martster!!

    ReplyDelete