Monday, May 16, 2005

"If you're not with me, then you're my enemy."

Hmmm... George Lucas may have something here. What happens when democracies turn into dictatorships? Funny, though, the movie was written 30 years ago during the crimes of the Nixon administration.

I'm not a big fan of Star Wars, mostly because of those annoying characters like Ja Ja B... whatever it was called. The themes are good. It's a bit like the Bible in space, you know, good verses evil, temptation, redemption... I wonder if Flagmerica will be able to apply the themes to today's world. They'll probably boycott it as being immoral or something along those lines.

I don't know if the critics are reading too much into the film, but it seems to me that "If you're not with me, then you're my enemy" is a lot like another quote we've heard from you-know-who. At least Anakin can make his subjects and verbs agree.

4 comments:

  1. what movies were written during the crimes of the Clinton administration. oh? no crimes? why was he disbarred again .........?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clinton didn't put us into a quagmire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, you are right. maybe it will be this Christmas when troops are withdrawn from Bosnia.

    why didn't the voters know about Bush's quagmire last November? oh, they did? well ........... they all must be wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bosnia- 100 deaths a day there. Right.

    No, only about half of them were wrong, but some of them are starting to realize it.

    Where is bushie's support for the mass murdered Uzbeki democrats? I guess Karimov is "with him" so he's not "against him."

    ReplyDelete